Thursday 3 May 2012

Why I was held by the SSS in Nigeria –Van Vicker

Van Vicker
Van Vicker
Why I was held by the SSS in Nigeria – Ghanaian actor Van Vicker tells Nollywoodgossip
It’s no longer news that top Ghanaian actor Van Vicker was held by the SSS at Ikoyi, Nigeria, last week, when his colleagues were celebrating at the AMAA.
Numerous versions of the story have been carried by various news outlets, but here is exactly what happened as told to Nollywoodgossip by Van Vicker himself.
“I have some prop guns from America which I want to use in my upcoming movie titled Forest. The movie, which is from my production company Sky+ Orange Production, will feature Stella Damasus, Nana Ama from Ghana, Mc Brown from Ghana, and others.
“It’s actually an action adventure movie. What else do you expect from an action adventure movie? Prop guns, of course!
“These same prop guns are used in American movies and I feel I have reached a point in my career where I feel it is only fair to have prop guns that appear as real as possible in my movies. Anyways, after passing through all security checks at the airport, I boarded my flight and while on the plane; my attention was called as to the contents of my luggage. When I identified them as prop guns for a movie, the security persons at the airport said they have to get their experts at Ikoyi to check them and that’s how I landed at the SSS office in Ikoyi where I passed the night.
“After all said and done, I wasn’t released that same night because the SSS boss wasn’t around but when the he came in the next morning, he said I can leave, but without the prop guns as they need to check them. During all that period, I was chatting on bb with Uche Jombo and I must thank her for contacting big bosses in Nigeria to matter everything work for better. It’s in a situation like this that one knows how powerful Uche Jombo is in Nigeria. I was surprised by the kinds of bosses she called and how fast they intervened in the case.
“I’m now back in Ghana and I’m still waiting for the SSS to release my prop guns so I can continue with the movie.”
Now you’ve heard from Van himself and we hope the SSS release the guns soon to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment